Food Safety & Quality
Towards achieving the Vision
Endeavor to position the Indian Food Processing Sector as a Global Player and ensure safe and quality food to all consumers.
CII Food Safety and Quality Division, under the aegis of CII Institute of Quality, Bangalore is a widely recognized service provider focusing on the food and beverage industry. The division is built on the framework of technical expertise and customized training & consultancy through individual and cost effective cluster consultancy to its clients in Indian and overseas organizations. It provides timely updates on emerging international standards, quality tools and techniques, organizational excellence models and contributes to national standards formulation, research and publications to provide specific guidance to the industry on competitiveness, in collaboration with national bodies and knowledge partners of international repute. Our membership of food and beverage companies covers the food supply chain from large to small scale industries. CII is the partner of choice for information and knowledge dissemination, consultancy and capacity building services and for providing a platform to share best practices between food and non food sectors.
- Cluster Consultancy (GHP,GMP,HACCP,ISO 22000)
- Training, Consultancy on Food Safety (GHP,GMP,HACCP,ISO 22000)
- Training, Consultancy on Quality (Manufacturing Excellence, TQM Tools and techniques)
- System Standards Formulation
- Excellence in SME Food Chain
- Research and Publications
- Partnership Projects for Value Addition to Stakeholders
- Platforms for Sharing Information and Best Practices
- Awareness Campaigns on Food Safety
System Standards Formulation
The Division is engaged in developing system standards for the Food processing industries. It has so far developed /developing the following:
- Final Draft on Good Manufacturing Practices for Food Processing Industries for BIS
- Draft audit standards on Clean and Hygienic Street vended Food
- Draft Indian Standard: Food Safety requirements for Street Food Vendors FAD 15 (1951) C with BIS
- Draft Indian Standard Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements for organizations in Food Processing Sector FAD 15 (1681) WC with BIS
Research & Publication
CII- IQ Food Safety and Quality division continues to carry out various research and publication activities. Few such activities are enumerated below:
Under the aegis of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Govt. of India and in collaboration with Voluntary Organisation in interest of Consumer Education (VOICE) the division has conducted a baseline survey to assess the hygienic practices prevalent amongst the street food vendors in Delhi, Mumbai and Jaipur. Comprehensive reports with recommendations have been submitted to the MoFPI. Total 1300 street food Vendors have been covered under the survey.
- CII 14 point check on Food Safety for street vended food.
- CII Food Safety tips for Housewives
- The division has authored "Food Safety and Quality guidelines for Hotels, Restaurants and Food Vendors"
- A set of 5 poster displaying hygienic practices for Food Industry has been published
We also welcome original, review; study papers on Food Safety and Quality case studies, competitiveness models developed and practiced Food Safety Instrumentation / Innovations / Ingredients, Sector specific information from Research Institutes, Industries, Academics, NGOs, Consultants, Certification bodies and others from the Institute of Quality Journal- Quality Quest.